Thursday, July 31, 2008

Trash to Treasure

To continue on the path of Reducing, Reusing and Recycling, I wondered what else can I do to help my environment. Well why not buy for a cause? I went on the hunt for some great recycled jewelry and came across the most interesting sites yet. Its a shop for a cause web-site, it has many different causes including; Hunger, Breast Cancer, Animals and the Rain forest just to name a few. So of course being GREEN week I started to look for some fun jewelry to add to my collection, I wasn't let down. The page has 5 main shopping categories to include; Eco-Friendly, Organic and Recycled. In each page you will find some great one of a kind pieces including these two bracelet that I fell in love with.
The first set of bracelets come in four different types of recycled GLASS chips and the second is bracelets made with Taqua Chips which come from the rain forests in South America. They are a small ivory-like nut that falls from trees (hence reusing natural things the earth produces). The Recycled Glass bracelet is $12.00 and the Taqua Chips are $12.95. I know that is a little bit pricey for one bracelet that is why I saved the best part for last. Each purchase you make saves at least 1,145 square feet of land in the rain forest. By buying these natural and recycled products they do not have to cut down trees for bangles or necklaces, so at 12 dollar investment in my environment that I can wear proudly, I'm okay with it.
Meg Love RED LIPS

No comments: