Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Green Works

We have all heard it time and time again, stop using plastic bags, do we listen? I know it took me a long time to switch to reusable bags for shopping trips or grocery purchases. I did some research on these popular plastic bags to see why girls must have one. My conclusion, status, the cute pink and silver striped bag you get with your undies or the black and white horizontal striped bag full of cosmetics make you feel powerful when you walk through the mall. As far as the grocery store, what can three bags really be, at least that is what I always thought. Did you know that Plastic bags are so cheap to produce and store that they have captured at least 80 percent of all markets. For what? Most of the bags end up in the landfill or stuffed in the junk drawer at your house. So my challenge to you in be bigger than the "society" made feeling of carrying around bags you won't use ever again and check out these cute reusable bags. I use mine as a purse when I go shopping for clothes, then for go the extra plastic bag (Make sure you keep your receipt with them), I also use it when I go to the Farmers Market. It is so comfortable and can hold more than you think, plus no more arm marks when you are carrying it inside. Go Green Ladies I know you can... I did!


Green Flora Print $ 8.00

Skulls $6.00

Red Birds $7.95 Meg Love .RED LIPS
http://www.thegreenloop.com/Eco_concious_shopping_totes_reusable_shopping_bags_s/350.htm

No comments: